We are looking for people with the passion and relevant experience to succeed in their works to join our sales and technical teams.
We thank all applicants in advance but regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Overall responsibility for end to end solution design, architecture of OTT software solutions
- Solutions analysis, creation while working closely with customer to understand and gather requirements and specifications and translating those needs into effective solutions in order to meet customer expectations
- Work closely with the sales team to produce detailed proposals and products
- Analyse customer requirements and propose technical and competence development solutions in new areas and domains within the framework of project team activities required to enhance customer's competitive position
- Select or propose 3rd party suppliers/products for the customer's solution and able to work with and manage customised solutions and products including 3rd party products
- Provide the specified customised solutions, covering several domains and layers in the customer's network
- When applicable, participate as a member of the project team as a subject matter expert (SME) so that technical aspects related to the solution are taken into account
- Generate additional business opportunities during the entire process in order to contribute to increases sales volumes
- Work efficiently with internal teams, customers and external suppliers to ensure the company continues to develop and deliver market competitive solutions
- 5 years of experience working in software design and integration within the OTT and/or video delivery sector
- 2.5 years of experience in a customer facing role (Professional Services, Sales Engineering or similar capacity)
- Past experience working in a direct customer-facing role with related pre-sales or solution architect responsibilities is ideal
- Experience in video systems integration, testing and software life cycle processes in both small and large team environments
- Strong and proven experiences on designing enterprise-grade architecture for distributing video over OTT or IPTV services: services, workflows, networking and virtualisation
- Knowledge and understanding of mobile devices (iOS, Android), PC standards
- Proven experiences on working with 3rd party supplier and system integration
- Knowledge and experience with modern Web UI technologies, including mobile/tablet devices
- Solid knowledge and understanding of market video distribution solutions and standards such as:
- You will be responsible for implementation of new projects
- Provide 2nd level technical support for existing projects
- Diploma/Degree in Computer Science or relevant discipline
- At least 2 years experience in computing/network engineering
- Security background is a MUST
- Proficient in Perl and shell scripting
- Good system trouble-shooting skill
- Customer-facing environment within an ISP/carrier environment
- Organised, independent and capable of working alone or as part of a team
- Possess excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Effectively bilingual in English and Chinese language
- Experience in administering the following systems:
- Redhat Enterprise Linux System
- Load-Balancer (e.g. citrix netscaler, open source keepalived)
- MySQL database and clustering
- Gluster filesystem
- Nagios & Cacti monitoring system
- DNS system
- Email system
Prepare the Commercialisation
• Establish overall positioning and go-to-market strategy (positioning and framework) for the product portfolio in each industry verticals. Ensure the business goals are achieve via the most effective routes to market
• Remain current to trends and issues as they relate to the product offering as well as emerging technologies, standards, and market trends
• Develop a strong understanding of customer lifecycle and customer behavior, and undertake initiatives to accelerate customer acquisition and engagement
• Propose relevant industry associations and projects to take part in to raise our brand awareness as well as to create demand of products
• Create visionary and compelling internal and external customer-facing contents. This includes writing and developing relevant product collateral such as product data sheets, presentations, sales tools, technical and/or business white papers, feature notes, blogs and other customers’ engagement materials (for pre & after sales and decision process) inline with our products capabilities
• Update and maintain pricing and proposals
• Interact with pre-sales team on regular basis to understand define market requirements, and translate these requirements into product requirements
• Work closely with Product Management Board (PMB) and engineering teams on roadmap, beta customers and promotion of the solution
• Work with the Business Development Team to identify strategic go-to-market partnership opportunities and execute partner marketing strategies
• Collaborate with remote offices and partners in the development of key product strategy and packaging requirements. Formulate and propose revenue and pricing strategies
Execution of Commercialisation
• Serve as the product expert to the field, including product sales training, product evangelism and speaking/print opportunities
• Work with Head of Solutions to educate and train Sales and Channel teams on product related value proposition. (e.g. produce materials for Learning Management Systems)
• Partnering with Marketing team to orchestrate marketing website and content A/B testing
Review of Commercialisation
• Monitor the commercialisation across the various countries, track product performance
• Perform a commercialisation review on monthly basis
• Conduct regular strategic products reviews by analysing each product in regards to Regulatory evolutions, competitors initiatives, technology improvements, market trends
• 3 + years of software product marketing experience with at least a year’s experience in a field facing role
• Candidate must possess at least Bachelor's Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Marketing, Business Management or equivalent
• Required language(s): English, Chinese (in order to liaise with the English & Chinese speaking associates)
• Ability to design and deliver high quality presentations to internal and external stakeholders
• Experience in internet infrastructure, Web based software or Internet based services environment
• Required Skill(s): Microsoft Office
• Very strong in communication skills
• Must be highly self-motivated, proactive and self-sufficient
• Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment while managing several projects
• Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties
• Willingness to travel
Established in 2002, Conversant is a Singapore based, privately held technology company. We are a leading provider of cloud-based digital media enablement services in the APAC region. Our services enable telecommunication service providers, content providers, media broadcasters and enterprises to manage, secure, store and efficiently deliver high quality digital content to any device anywhere.
We are headquartered in Singapore and have software development centres in Shanghai, PRC and Cambridge, UK. We have a strong foothold in the APAC with customers and business presence across Southeast Asia and Greater China.
To support our continued business growth, we are recruiting for a VP of Operations and Service Delivery to be based in Singapore.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement strategic vision for the Operations organization and provide the leadership and subject matter expertise to assure the consistent execution of this vision.
• Establish strong relationships across the organization with key partners, Engineering, Network Development and Compliance, to meets the team’s goals and objectives,
• Operate the NOC and have appropriate technical acumen to support wireless, broadcast and network assets.
• Oversee the management and implementation of large-scale projects and service contracts.
• Maintain and enhance a strong service-oriented environment for both internal and external customers, focused on problem prediction, detection and resolution.
• Ensure full compliance with all regulations for owned/managed assets and personnel.
• Maintain and update disaster recovery procedures and protocols.
• Develop and manage the Network Operations budget.
• Improve and manage existing processes and tools used in the field and the centralized NOC to maximize organizational efficiency while enhancing the customer experience.
• Implement improved processes, which utilize technology, to improve jobs, processes, training, tools and overall work quality
• Recruit, develop and retain staff, partnering with Senior Management, Recruiting and Human Resources. This includes on-boarding and orientation for new hires
• Provide disciplined performance management for team.
• Define and communicate annual goals, perform formal and informal performance reviews, and ensure changes and updates are communicated in a timely and professional manner
• Create strong collaborative team environment that focuses on safety and career development and progression for employees
• Proactively identify and resolve personnel issues in conjunction with Human Resources
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Exceptional strategic planning and leadership skills, with proven record of recommending and implementing process and efficiency improvements; demonstrated success in identifying and successfully executing strategic business opportunities.
• Excellent leadership skills; ability to drive and motivate team to achieve results; ability to influence and inspire action through strong decision-making skills.
• Demonstrated success in identifying and synthesizing internal and external customer needs into a concise, clear and influential presentation. Must be able to teach others how to do so as well.
• Ability to work effectively across many internal functional groups to optimize product offerings, create a seamless internal and external customer experience and resolve issues.
• Self-motivated; able to work independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and to collaborate with other to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify high quality solutions.
• Demonstrated success in identifying talent and building individual and management capability; proven track record of building successful organizations.
• Exceptional strategic and problem solving skills to effectively influence decision making in key negotiations
• Solid understanding and familiarity with telecommunications industry technologies, with a clear plan to stay abreast of technological advancements.
• Strong experience handling employee issues and making sound judgment decisions in this area
• Hands on experience with managing and operating networks
Education and/or Experience:
• At least 15 years of combined telecommunications and/or network operations experience, including management of multi-layered teams
• Hands on technical background with experience of running Internet services or large IP networks
• Engineering and/or Computer Science degree required
• Over 3 years of experience in managing and operating public cloud services
• Over 3 years of field force management preferred
• Over 5 years of customer facing experience, preferably with large enterprise customers
• Fluent in English & Mandarin